Why can some people write up an agreement at lightning speed that is detailed, precise, and covers every important aspect that pertains to their arrangement — while you continue to struggle with it? What if there was a way that you could have your agreement literally write itself, how much time and energy would you save as a result?
If you could read just one article about how to quickly design a bullet-proof, rock-solid Memorandum of Understanding, this is it. I dare you to read this entire article and not change the way you currently write up a Memorandum of Understanding.
“The most intelligent MOU creation template ever designed. We are very active with Joint Ventures and we use Shawn’s templates almost daily. I can’t imagine doing them all manually again. What a nightmare that was.”
– Jeff Schneider, Owner of Marketing Ninjas
“Just a note to say that we bought your templates and we like the presentation very much. We’ve dealt with MOUs in the past and the templates and guidelines you provide are really very useful. Thank you!”
– Arumugaswami, Managing Editor at Hinduism Today – Kauai, Hawaii
If you are … (Check which one applies to you.)
- a business owner or manager
- a Website Owner or Webmaster
- an Entrepreneur or Joint Venture Broker
- a Professional in charge of business development
- a Government Organization or Agency
… you are about to uncover a “secret weapon” that the most successful people and agencies use to rapidly write MOUs that include all of the most important aspects of an arrangement and that removes all the guesswork.
If you’ve ever wondered what the single most important step is in putting together an ultra-successful arrangement, that when done properly, would eliminate almost every possible misunderstanding, I would tell you, without a doubt — it’s a detailed and complete agreement.
Listen closely. You can spend a lot of time and money having a lawyer drafting up contracts and agreements every time you enter into a new arrangement with someone — but we all know that lawyers charge by the hour (and for every single staple and photocopy they make) and they aren’t cheap, and if your enter into a lot of agreements with different people or organizations, it’s going to begin costing you a lot of money very quickly.
In the next 5 minutes, I’ll show you how to easily master the skill of writing agreements, making sure they include all the most important aspects, and doing it all in under 5 minutes, so that you can spend your time doing things that are more productive and profitable.
Here are just a few things you’ll learn from reading this article:
- Why 99.9% of Memorandums of Understanding are missing the mark — how they fail to cover all the important aspects of a bullet-proof agreement — and consequently leave the door open to misinterpretation and confusion
- Why templates that work well for simple arrangements do not work well for more advanced arrangements — and why they can even set you up for failure
- How to dramatically reduce the amount of time it takes you to write out your agreement — so you can spend more of your time doing other much more enjoyable things.
There is a methodology to writing bullet-proof agreements. And there are certain aspects which you must include in each agreement you draft. Once you include these aspects, you’ve created a bullet-proof, rock-solid agreement that will ensure you have your butt covered — with mathematical certainty.
This is an incredible opportunity that is available to you — but only if you take the first step. Your first step is to read this article in its entirety. Please don’t just skim through it — I don’t want you to miss a single word because when I demystify writing a Memorandum of Understanding for you, you simply cannot fail to write bullet-proof agreements.
What is a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)?
A Memorandum of Understanding or MOU is a written agreement put in place to establish a clear understanding of how an arrangement will practically function and each party’s role and responsibilities.
The MOU allows all involved to concretely see that they are agreeing to the same thing and to be a tangible reference to review should, heaven forbid, any troubles arise during the arrangement.
The Importance of a Solid Agreement
You’ve heard it said before. Get it in writing. Having a well-documented agreement is the underlying framework of today’s business world. Well written agreements wield power that controls the entire planet — and agreements have the ability to hold people accountable, dictate responsibilities, and even shape the outcome of a partnership or understanding.
Therefore, MOUs are the real “power behind the throne,” so to speak. Since they are the driving force of successful business partnerships and understandings, is it any wonder that people take the time to make sure they are well documented and contain all the important aspects — and that those who don’t are typically the ones that aren’t successful?
All it takes is one poorly worded sentence or one missed detail and your agreement becomes a victim of misinterpretation, or worse… manipulation.
Why There is a Scarcity of Quality MOU Templates
One would think that because so many agreements and arrangements are made in the business world all the time, the Internet must be crawling with outstanding MOU templates. This simply isn’t true. While there are so many MOUs online that you can use as a template that MAY work well for your agreement, there just isn’t an all-in-one MOU Template that exists that can work for ANY agreement.
MYTH: All-in-one MOU templates can handle both simple and advanced arrangements. Wrong!
Just because the template you found online works well to use as a guideline for your current arrangement doesn’t mean that it’s going to work well for an advanced, multi-faceted arrangement. Here’s a real shocker: Some of the best agreements and arrangements fail because of the lack of a solid and well-documented MOU. That’s because the MOU is typically missing an important detail or is poorly written. In fact, oftentimes it’s a poorly written MOU that causes a miscommunication which leads to a failed arrangement (and sometimes a failed relationship!)
Therefore, slapping together an MOU using one you’ve found on the internet won’t do the trick. Simply “repackaging” someone else’s MOU won’t do you much good either. It’s absolutely essential to make sure that your MOU covers every important aspect of your arrangement. That’s why I’ve put together a list of common aspects you might want to include in your next MOU.
A Detailed List of Aspects To Include in a MOU
- The date of the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Describing the situation of the parties involved and how they relate to each other.
- What services each party contributes to the deal before, during and after the arrangement.
- The names and contact information of each party.
- Any probationary or trial period.
- Any set dates to review activity, performance, or satisfaction with the arrangement.
- What parts of this arrangement are open to change or negotiation and how.
- What aspects of the arrangement should require formal notification and how.
- How disputes will be settled.
- Who handles the money and how.
- How people are paid (who pays who, by what method, in what currency, deposited where).
- When people are paid (the same day every month, immediately after the transaction).
- How much people are paid (flat fee, a percentage of the sale, if so, does this include tax, a percentage of the profit and if so, what are the applicable costs and how much are they, on all customers, on certain customers and if so, how is sales are tracked and reported).
- How long people are paid (for the initial sale of a customer, for the lifetime of the customer’s business, for the duration of the contract, for 6 months after the contract ends).
Term of Agreement
- When the agreement starts (on a certain date, during a limited event, as soon as a sale occurs).
- How long it lasts (for a certain period, indefinite until someone ends, at the end of an event).
- How the agreement is terminated (by one or both parties, under what circumstances, how is the end carried out.)
- What happens at the end of or after the agreement.
- Any restrictions to either party
- Any disclaimer statements
- Any privacy statements (such as revealing the sales amount, but not information about the customers)
- A place for all parties to sign the agreement.
The Birth of the MOU Template Package
You can say that I created the first editable MOU Template as a solution to the overwhelming demand I continually received from friends and colleagues looking for suggestions of a good MOU to use as a framework for their own agreements. There simply are too many holes in the MOUs that I’ve seen around — and only a small handful of them are capable of being used for more complex arrangements.
Even if you could find a good one to use as a framework, you’d spend hours modifying it to make sense for your arrangement. It would end up consuming much more of my time explaining to people what all they would need to change to make their MOU bullet-proof.
Therefore, I wanted to provide a solution for my friends and colleagues that would help them write their own agreements that wouldn’t require me walking them through it step-by-step every time. I condensed all the important aspects into one single form and that’s how my editable MOUs came into existence.
My friends and colleagues started telling their friends and colleagues about this great tool I had designed to seriously reduce the amount of time it took to write a kick-butt MOU, and I was soon overwhelmed with requests for my editable MOU template.
Realizing I was on to something, I took the time to expand the templates, offering different templates for simple and advanced arrangements. But I didn’t stop there. An idea came to me one night that would make writing a rock-solid MOU even easier…
How To Drastically Reduce The Time It Takes To Write an MOU
What if I could show you a way to create MOU documents in as little as 5 minutes by simply answering a few questions about your arrangement? Would that not save you a ton of time, and let you get back out there to do something more productive? Would that be a valuable tool for you?
Now I know what you’re thinking… we just discussed the importance of covering all of the important aspects in your MOU document, so how in the world would answering a few simple questions help me to cover all of the important aspects I need in my MOU?
For the first time ever, I created an auto-completion MOU template that practically writes itself.
The Auto-Completion MOU Template is a one-of-a-kind template designed to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to write an agreement.
By simply answering questions about your agreement, the template will automatically fill in the information required to document your arrangement.
Some of the questions you are asked include:
- Who is the first party?
- Who is the second party?
- What is the general situation of your arrangement?
- What is the product/service/value the first party will provide?
- What is the compensation/commission/value the first party will provide to the second party?
- What will the second party provide for the compensation/commission/value?
- What services will the first party provide prior to the onset of the arrangement?
- What services will the first party provide during operation of the arrangement?
- What services will the first party provide after conclusion of the arrangement?
- What services will party two provide prior to the onset of the arrangement?
- What services will the second party provide during the operation of the arrangement?
- What services will the second party provide after conclusion of the arrangement?
- When will the arrangement between the parties commence?And so many more…
Step-by-step you simply answer the questions, and the template does the rest. Now you get the idea of just how easy it is to write a rock-solid, kick-butt MOU with the Auto-Completion Template. It’s so simple that you could hand the notes of your arrangement to a ten-year old, and they could construct a bullet-proof template for you in 5 minutes flat.
All of My MOU Templates In One Nicely-Wrapped Package
By popular demand, I’ve devised a way for you to benefit from my MEGA-time-saving MOU Template tools in the most convenient way.
I’ve packaged all of my MOU Templates into a convenient downloadable package so that I could provide a solution for the tens of thousands of Joint Venture brokers, entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals who are actively documenting arrangements and agreements — a solution that would enable them to easily write a bullet-proof MOU themselves.
- Users call this “the most intelligent MOU creation template ever designed for Joint Venture brokers.”
- 95% of users switched from using other MOU templates to my templates because mine cover all the important aspects of a good MOU and they remove all the guesswork.
- Combines the functionality of easy-to-use software with detailed MOU templates so you’ll know you have all of your bases covered – you’ll never get blindsided again because you missed an important detail in your MOU!
This package of MOU templates gives you everything you need to document the details of your agreement. Here’s what’s included in the MOU Template package:
- My famed Auto-Completion Template (Based on the Advanced MOU Template) – MS Word Required
- Full ‘MOU Writing Guide’ with detailed instructions for each section of your MOU.
- A step-by-step ‘How To’ video for using the Auto-Completion Template.
- A fully editable, Simple MOU Template (MS Word file format)
- A fully editable Advanced MOU Template (MS Word file format)
- A fully editable Partnership MOU Template (MS Word file format)
- Sample Non-Profit and Agency MOU Template
- Printable instructions and Sample MOU Templates (PDF file format)
How Much is All This Worth to You?
Back in 2005 when I first starting writing MOU agreements, if someone had offered me this template package, I would have been willing to pay $500, $700 — even $1,000 to reduce the amount of time it took to write a bullet-proof MOU from 5 hours to 5 minutes. I’d have gladly paid that much instead of spending literally hundreds of hours writing and modifying MOU templates. It disgusts me to think about how many hours I could have spent doing other, much more enjoyable things.
How about you? How much is all this worth to you? What is the value of reducing the amount of time it takes to write a rock-solid MOU from hours to minutes? What is it worth to free up literally hours of time to do things that are much more productive? What is the value of knowing that you have all the important aspects in your agreement and that you don’t have to spend a minute worrying that you missed something essential?
As I mentioned earlier, lawyers charge astronomical hourly rates, usually anywhere between $120 – $425 per hour. Hourly rates are increasing every year, and some lawyers already charge much higher than the rates I just mentioned. So if you were to hire a lawyer to draft up your next MOU, which can usually be done in about 3 hours (they use templates too), you would get a bill for anywhere from $360 – $1,275.
But the good news is that you don’t have to pay $1,275 for my MOU template package. And you won’t have to pay $360 for it either. Your price is only $67 (For a limited time, the price is only $33.50!) – that’s a savings of $293 to you — a 85% discount off the price you would have to pay a lawyer to draft your next MOU.
You Risk Absolutely Nothing
My downloadable MOU Template package is 100% guaranteed to be a time-saving investment for documenting agreements — or your money back. The guarantee is simple — you assume zero risk.
Here’s the deal: Go ahead and use all of the templates without risking a single dime. If, for any reason, you’re not completely satisfied — I will be happy to refund every penny of your purchase.
Just tell me within 30 days, and ask for a no-hassle refund. No explanation is necessary. You are under absolutely no obligation to pay for the template package if you’re not 100% satisfied.
You Can Expect Immediate Results
Remember: After you finish downloading the template package, you can immediately write your first 100% bullet-proof MOU in as little as 5 minutes, and sleep better tonight knowing that your butt is covered.
The fact that you’ve read this far is proof positive that you are in need of saving time writing MOUs, isn’t it?
Even if you only enter into one agreement this year with another person, organization or business, the amount of time you will save documenting your arrangement using my templates will far exceed the small cost of purchasing the download.
Please don’t confuse my MOU Templates with other MOU Templates. My templates are leading-edge templates not available anywhere else, that enable you to document all of the important aspects of your arrangement while making sure you have your butt covered. And my Auto-Completion MOU Template lets you do it in the shortest possible time.
When you decide that you want to own the MOU Templates package, please don’t delay. I honestly don’t know how long I’m going to make them available to the public.
Wishing you success and more free time,
Technical Director, MOUTemplates.com
P.S. If you pay a lawyer to write even one MOU for you this year, you would have paid for my MOU Templates package 10 times over (and you can use my templates for life!)
P.P.S. What do you value your time at? If you value your time at $40 an hour (which is incredibly low for any professional) and it takes the average person 5 hours to write out an MOU, then that MOU cost you $200. Or… you spend only $67 on my MOU Templates package, you write your first MOU in 5 minutes with my Auto-Completion MOU Template, you take your family out for dinner that night and you’ll still have enough money in your pocket to stop for coffee tomorrow morning (and maybe even lunch too!)
P.P.P.S. Come on… do I really need to give you another reason? You didn’t get to where you are right now by wasting time. Just click the button above and download my MOU Template package. If you’re not satisfied (I KNOW you will be), with my 30 day money back guarantee you have absolutely nothing to lose. Go ahead and click that button now.
EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT THIS PRODUCT AND IT’S POTENTIAL. EVEN THOUGH THIS INDUSTRY IS ONE OF THE FEW WHERE ONE CAN WRITE WHATEVER THEY WANT, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT USING THE TECHNIQUES AND TEMPLATES IN THESE MATERIALS WILL KEEP YOUR 100% IN THE CLEAR. EXAMPLES IN THESE MATERIALS ARE NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS AN IRON-CLAD CONTRACT ADMISSIBLE IN A COURT OF LAW. THE SECURITY OF YOUR FINAL PRODUCT IS DEPENDENT ON THE PERSON USING OUR PRODUCT, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES.
ANY AND ALL AGREEMENTS MADE WITH OUR TEMPLATES AND INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD STILL BE LOOKED OVER BY ONES LAWYER OR LEGAL ADVISER. NO GUARANTEES ARE MADE ON THE ACTUAL OUTCOME OF USING OUR TEMPLATES, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES .
ULTIMATELY, YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF. CLEAR COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY HERE – MAKE SURE ALL PARTIES ARE ON THE SAME PAGE AFTER THEY’VE READ THE DOCUMENT YOU’VE CREATED. YOU SHOULD NEVER SIGN ANYTHING THAT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE TO YOU.